Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Revolution

Okay so anyone who knows me knows that I am big on quotes. I write them down, sms them, e-mail them to friends, family, whomever I know or “think” will appreciate them. My one friend (yes you know who you are and I aint ever gonna be sending you quotes anymore) often laughs at me and my need for “living of quotes”. I mean there is a quote to suite every single situation or mood one might be in. So today’s quote is from no one other than Miss Sarah Jones herself, have loved her since I discovered her. She is all about being in a state of mind that looks at life, at love, and questions exactly what it is we are really on earth for. Okay so here it goes”

“Your revolution makes me wonder
Where could we go
If we could drop the empty pursuit of props and the ego
We'd revolt back to our roots
Use a little common sense on a quest to make love
De la soul, no pretense”

Okay so this is a passage from what I think is called “Your revolution will not happen between these thighs”. People often say use what you have to get what you want, but when does using become abusing I ask? I’ve been told I have a killer smile and other attributes which could get me anything I want. I smile as I write back and think to my varsity days when it was all about the chase, all about finding the target, aiming and then shooting. It was fun, it was glorious, for lack of a better word, it was superlomfifious.

This poem makes me wanna jump up and say “YES SISTER I AGREE WITH YOU, AINT NO WAY THAT HIS REVOLUTION IS GONNA HAPPEN BETWEEN THESE THIGHS.” Far to often women are objectified and made to believe that “as a girl” you need to act in a certain way, that proper ladies don’t do this or don’t do that. That if you want to be successful the only way of ensuring it is by losing this, using that i.e. losing what it is that defines you. So yes Sister Sarah I will join you in ensuring that the revolution occurs in the correct manner.

These views are my own, they are not the views of any other person. I can think for myself and have an opinion on the things that I believe will affect me and my greatness.


I’m a feminist, so deal with it!

I’m not going anywhere, I’m here to stay!


Oh and just incase you were thinking I am afraid of you and your thoughts, this is what I look like, come and find me if you dare!

Heeuwee, ha damn!!

No comments: