Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is not Hate speech...

The words you are about to read are in know way hate speech although they do however reflect the thoughts and frustrations of the writer as well as other individuals. I do not speak for every black person nor every woman when I write what I write, I simply use this forum as a way of expressing what I feel.

AAAGH. Was on a flight this evening and had the unfortunate luck of sitting besides two white men who made me realise that we are far from liberation, we are so far from democracy and as long as there are people like this, in this country then we still have so much work to do without realizing what lies ahead.

How many times have you as a black person heard the phrase “We train them, give them good experience and all they do is put it onto their CVs and walk away going to companies that will offer them more money”. Hello white man, not all black people are the same. Why must you generalize? Not every black person is chasing money but rather opportunity to grow. If we are in a company and feel that, they are no longer growing us then trust me when I say “WE WILL LEAVE” get over it. Times have changed, we as black people have more choices now. We are no longer forced to stay in low paying jobs with the fear of not being able to find another one. Get over it; deal with the issues at hand. If your employee is not satisfied with their job, they will leave. Another statement they also made tonight was how there were no longer any qualified people to do jobs as all the white graduates find it difficult to find jobs and thus leave the country. Need I say hello once again, A couple of years ago I was fresh out of university, I’m black and I’m a woman and I still found it difficult to find a job. That is how the job market works. Everyone is looking for people with 2-3 years experience in this field or the other. It is difficult for all graduates to find jobs regardless of their skin colour. I sat there in the plane as I ate my meal and thought to myself, “Do I make a comment about what they are saying, what they have said” and I decided against because as they continued to talk I started feeling sorry for these two white men as they were obviously suffering from a Post 1994 hangover where white people automatically got jobs because their fathers or mothers knew someboady who knew someboady. The playing field has been evened and if you aint good enough to play on the team then I suggest you put in some extra hours at the gym else get out my country, we don’t need people who think like you here.
AAAAGH, it makes me so angry cant even begin to describe the anger.

Another thing that comes to mind as I sit and write this is the fact that men just don’t have respect for us as women. Hollering, whistling, and shouting out comments as if them shouting comments are a turn on. STOP IT COZ IT AINT but hey lets leave that subject for another day when my frustrations at the things people do gets the best of me.

Oh almost forgot something else these idiotic men on the plane spoke about. How there is no public transport system in South Africa that caters for the masses. Damn what do you think taxis and buses are? Where do they begin to judge a system they have made judgment about without even having experienced it themselves? To them I say “genchi genbutsu) Japanese for see it for yourself first. How dare they speak about a system that they have never used before. Who made them king of the castle and rulers of the world. Okay so I agree that our public transport system may not be as reliable as the ones else where in the world but whose fault is that? Pre or Post 1994. Taxis and buses provide essential services for the majority of South Africans. Who will the amazing gau-train service, who is going to be able to afford to use it: the masses or the elite? Aaaagh, I’m frustrated at the constant stupidity of men like those two and trust me that there are many of them. AAAAAGGGHHHHH.

1 comment:

Ms Porcelain said...

Hey there R.D

That is quite a rant my girl!! I'm glad that you have got it out of your system.

This is quite an interesting post. I wonder what fellow bloggers will have to say about this? I will bring it to their attention and hopefully they will share their opinions with you.

VERY INTERESTING!